Using the Thermax
Complete instructions for using the Thermax are included with each rental unit. Briefly,
here are the steps to clean floor carpet. The procedure is similar for automobile interiors and
furniture but you'll want to rent the optional hand wand
so you can work in these confined areas.
- For best results, remove as much furniture as possible from the room.
- Thoroughly vacuum the area to be cleaned.
- Pre-treat heavy traffic areas and stains with Carpet/Upholstery Spot and Stain Remover
Get the Thermax Ready
- Fill Solution tank with clean hot water to within 2 or 3 inches of the top
- Add cleaning soluton to the solution tank:
- Add 2 to 3 ounces (1/4 to 1/3 cup) of Defoamer 400 to the
Never add defoamer to the solution tank.
- Attach hoses to the machine and wand.
- Turn the vacuum switch to the on position.
- Turn the pump switch to the on position.
Never turn the pump on when there is no water in the solution tank.
- Select the area of the carpet where you want to start, plan to work in 3 to 4 square foot sections.
- Squeeze the solution valve and pull the wand head slowely toward you with a light downward pressure.
As you end each pass, release the solution valve.
- Keep the wand head perpendicular to the carpet and overlap
each pass. Use slow steady strokes for consistent cleaning.
- After completing an area, pass the cleaning wand back
over that area, without squeezing the solution valve, to pick up excess liquid.
- Continue to the next 3 to 4 foot square area.
- Avoid walking on damp areas.
- Place foil or plastic under furniture legs until carpet is completely dry.
- Drying time will vary with humidity, temperature, and room ventilation. Carpet will typically
dry in 3 to 4 hours.